I made the most delicious vegan cheesecake recipe on saturday… so lovely it was that of the 6 generous slices I cut it into, by the time it was all gone, I had eaten half of them. No wonder I put weight on this week..
The base was very tasty indeed with the walnut crumbs, lemon zest and coconut oil and I added a little extra agave and the zest of a whole lemon to the topping, above and beyond the original recipe which you can find on the terrific “Mouth Watering Vegan” website..
The good thing about this recipe, because it contains no dairy/animal fats it’s cholesterol free!
INGREDIENTS FOR BASE
* 17 vegan Digestive biscuits (You may use any plain, sweetened wholemeal biscuits that are vegan, if you are unable to find vegan Digestives) ** Presidents Choice do digestives biscuits/cookies that do not appear to have any animal fat or dairy in them
* ½ cup walnuts in small pieces
* ½ cup vegan butter, or coconut oil melted (I used coconut oil as it hardens up nicely when cold)
* zest of a lemon
* juice of half a lemon
* a pinch of salt
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING
* 1 packet (349g) Firm Silken Tofu
* 1 heaped tsp poppy seeds
* 2 tbsp agave syrup (I added an extra teaspoon or so)
* 1 tbsp icing sugar, or confectioner’s sugar
* ½ cup of soya cream or other vegan thin cream
* 2½ tablespoons of cornflower with ¾ cup water or vegan milk
* the juice of a large lemon (I added the zest of a lemon too)
* sliced kiwifruit for decoration