This week I thought I’d do something different. Instead of telling readers about Jake and his adventures, I thought I’d check to see how well you faithful readers (I hope you’re out there somewhere) know RoadDog.
Every now and then I bump into someone or hear from someone who tells me they read this blog. Sometimes it really surprises me, either because you’re total strangers and I can’t imagine how you found us or you’re people I know who I would never think might be interested in the happenings in our little family. Regardless, it’s always great to hear that you’re reading and get your feedback.
So this week I have a list of questions to find out what you remember about what you’ve read. The answers have all been on the blog at some point so you can go back and look if you want to do that.
You can just take the quiz for fun or you can send me your answers at firstname.lastname@example.org. You could post them in the comments area below, but that will give everyone else the answers. Jake helped me choose an appropriate prize for the person who gets the most correct responses and I’ll post the name of the winner and the answers here next week. (Mom and Dad, you can play, but you can’t win. Sorry about that.)
So let me ask you, how well do you know RoadDog? Have fun.
1. Where was Jake born?
2. When is his birthday?
3. What’s his favourite human treat?
4. Can you name a fruit or vegetable that he likes? I’ll give you a bonus point if you name more than one.
5. What did Steve and I put Jake in for his very first test run on Steve’s bike? (Oops, maybe I shouldn’t bring that up again.)
6. Where was his custom carrier built? I’m looking for the town, but I’ll give you an extra point if you name the business, too.
7. What does Jake do when he finishes eating? (He’s such a boy dog!)
8. You may remember that Jake doesn’t like to swim, but where did he first go strolling into the water, much to our surprise?
9. What is Jake’s favourite kind of toy?
10. What bike club does Jake belong to? (Well, Steve and I belong and Jake is the unofficial mascot, so to speak.)
11. Like most riders, Jake suffers a condition this time of year. I wrote about it once. What’s it called?
12. What costume did Jake wear for Halloween this past October?
13. What yard implement makes Jake go crazy?
14. Each September, Jake turns into another type of critter for a few days. What does he become?
15. Where did we take Jake to eat in a restaurant for the first time?
16. Which provinces and states has Jake visited with us? (I’ll give you a point for each correct answer.)
17. Jake and his carrier get a lot of attention. Someone once asked us if we had another sort of critter inside the carrier. What kind of animal did they think was in there? (Jake was not impressed.)
18. Steve and Jake and I all climbed a mountain together a few years ago. What mountain was it?
19. Jake met a girlfriend a few years ago in Baddeck who looked a whole lot like him. What was her name? I’ll give you a hint. It means bear in Mi’kmaq.
20. Our RoadDog doesn’t wear a leather motorcycle jacket, but he has some pretty cool riding gear. What does he wear?
Now wasn’t that fun! Send me your answers. Remember the person with the most right answers wins a prize from RoadDog and I’ll post the answers next week.