This Friday, I’m leaving on a jet-plane and heading to warm and sunny Cuba with 6 other gals. While everyone might think that I’m thrilled about this, I’m really very anxious about leaving my kids and my husband for 7 days and if I could get a full refund, I might back out of the trip. Or at least that is the story that I’m telling David. But truthfully, I plan on being intoxicated the entire 7 days so that I won’t hyperventilate because I miss them so badly.
But before I start to pack, I have a whole lot of work to do. Let’s just say it’s gonna take more than a Bic to get this body beach ready.
I decided that I need to get myself ready for this trip, which called for a trip to the drug store. For me, walking into Shoppers Drug Mart is like the gates of heaven open up as a Baptist Choir sings Hallelujah. AND they’re expanding. It’s as if they’re making Heaven better. Can you imagine?
Anyway, I grabbed my Visa and my Shoppers Optimum Points card and off I went to make myself right perdy like for Cuba. I thought I’d share my favorite products from
Heaven the drug store because for me, there is nothing better than reading an endorsement for a great product, and even better than that, I’ll be giving away one of my finds to one of you!
1- I needed to give myself highlights. Now understand that I love going to the hairstylist for color and I know that they do a way better job than I do myself, but the thing is, it’s not the fact that with home color I spent $14 as appose to $60 that appeals to me. It’s the fact that I can color my hair while the kids are in bed and I’m watching Grey’s Anatomy. It’s not about the money, more about the time. Should I give myself the time it take to have my hair done professionally? Sure. Have I ruined shirts in doing it myself, probably costing me more than my savings? Absolutely. Has Sylvia Ali from the Finish Line had to fix some of my home color disasters? You betcha.. And at some point, when the kids don’t want me around, I hope to go back to a pro. In the meantime I do it myself. And no, I’m not going blond, but I do like blond-ish highlights.
2. Otrivin- because I’ll need to breath.
3. Visine allergy- because as I get older my allergies get worse, weird eh?
4. Parissa wax strips- just keepin’ it real.
5. Schick razors- to be honest, I usually just use David’s, but I thought I should let his shave while I’m gone.
6. Secret Clinical Strength- It’s the best deodorant, and yes, I know, I’ve seen that website and I know that I’m going to get cancer, but I have an ‘ism when it comes to B.O.
7. Advil- because I’ll need it.
8. Pepto- for the same reason
9. One step sanitizer spray- another ism.
10. Neutrogena 30 SPF Sunblock- because I’m not crazy
11. Sexy Mother Pucker Lip-gloss because I love to try something new and because I loved the name! This isn’t so much a ringing endorsement as much as it is hope for people with thin lips. I put this stuff on and my lips tingled. It felt very much like it does after an electrolysis session-not that I’ve had that done. Wink wink nudged nudged. And why did I buy 2? You guessed it, I bought one for myself and one for you. Thou I warn you, if you have control issues and risk screaming, “For the love of God get it off!!” and you fear getting lips like Lisa Rinna, this might not be the product for you.
I will say that I think it did make my lips mildly plumper. The tingling will last for about 10 minutes, and don’t lick your lips or your tongue will tingle too. It only cost $9.99.
And how do you win this fun little product? Just comment with your favorite drug store product. We all have one! And if you don’t have one, simply wish me a Happy Birthday because today, I turn 33. I’ll be drawing from the comments when I get back from my trip on March 6th. If I can get to computer while I’m there I may try to blog on location like when Reges and Kelly do their show from Hawaii. Well, kinda like that, but don’t count on it.
I shall miss you all and I’ll tell you all about it.